Saturday 23 November 2019

Cool Penguins

Hey stampers, Anni here!

Today’s card features one of my favourite stamp sets from last year’s Christmas season: Mama Elephant’s Cool Penguins. These are so cute, aren't they?


I cut down a piece of watercolour cardstock to a reactangle and stamped the images I wanted to use in a very pale colour. I didn't mask anything. Because of the light ink I used I didn't had to. When I coloured over them the lines got lost.


For my colouring medium I chose watercolours and did some no line coloring. To get more contrast I also added coloured pencils to the area that I wanted to be the darkest. I love the combination of watercolour and coloured pencils. With the watercolours colouring takes not so much time and the coloured pencils are perfect to add details.
The background I also coloured with watercolours! I added a wash of turquoise and sprinkled a little bit of colour on it to add some texture.


The sentiment came from Mama Elephant's Merry Greetings and I stamped it in dark blue. All there was left to do was to adhere the panel to my cardbase with dimensional adhesive. The colouring took some time but the rest of the card came together quickly.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend.
Anni



   

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team