Wednesday 20 November 2019

Sledding Polar Pals

Hello, Tallie here!

Somewhat inspired by the recent colder chill in the air, I'm back with the Christmas vibes today with the Avery Elle Polar Playtime stamp set. I have a couple of friends who like simple cards, so this one-layer, alcohol marker coloured style suits them perfectly. Plus, the design is easy to adapt to any stamp set.


I started out by stamping the sledding characters from the Avery Elle Polar Playtime stamp set onto some blending cardstock with some MFT Extreme Black ink.

I took out my alcohol markers and coloured in the scene, sticking to Christmassy reds and greens for the accessories and making sure to use two different brown families to differentiate between the sledge and the bear's fur.

For the background, I used some light blue-green markers, concentrating the darker colour immediately around and behind the sled to give some movement to the scene.


I stamped the sentiment from the set beneath the scene and then added a few finishing touches of snow with a white gel pen.

A really easy design that can be customised to any stamp set!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team