Saturday 18 August 2018

Christmas in August

Hey stampers,Anni here.

Have you realized Christmas stamps are peeking around the corners. I LOVE to make Christmas catds - I know, I am weird. In the last years I challenged myself to create two Christmas cards per month but this year I haven't made one till now. When I saw all these cute new Christmas stamps popping up I got in the mood to create one.



I started by creating the background: I used some alcohol inks and some blending solution on Ranger's Yupo paper.

Then I went through my stash of Christmas stamps and found Neat and Tangled's Santa's Wonderland - such a cute set. I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the penguin, the rendeer and the snow man.
For the colouring I chose a turqoise that went with my background and added some red for a warm colour and a grey as a neutral.


The snow drift I die cut with a die called Landscape Trio by Mama Elephant from white cardstock. I stamped a sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Tiny Tag Sayings with black ink on one of the two snow drifts die cut.

To give the image a frame I also die cut Avery Elle's Wonky Scalloped Frames from white cardstock three times and stacked them up.
Then I assembled the card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend. Maybe you'll start making Christmas cards?
Anni



     
   

3 comments:

  1. These are so adorable! And fantastic colouring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. A super cute Christmas card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the alcohol ink background you created!! Beautiful bright & cheery Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team