Wednesday 29 August 2018

Peek-a-Boo!

Hello, Tallie here. This week I'm bringing you some cheeky little animals playing peek-a-boo. That little sloth is definitely my favourite! These cards can be customised for any colour theme and depending upon the sentiment used, can be used for a variety of occasions. I'm looking forward to doing a Christmassy version with the Polar set from the new release!


I started out by stamping out multiple of the critters from the Avery Elle Peek-A-Boo Pals set in some MFT Extreme Black Hybrid Ink on some blending card stock. I coloured these in with my Copic markers using a variety of colours, making sure to use at least three markers to bring the critters alive. I cut these out with my Scan N Cut, though there are coordinating dies available.

I then took three white A6 card panels and cut four circular apertures using the Avery Elle Circle Frames die. You can do this manually with a stitched/pierced circle die, but using this die means only one pass through the machine. Plus, the circles are lined up and this makes me happy!


On some top-folding A6 card bases, I blended on some Distress Oxide Inks in Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet in the areas where the apertures were. I then used some foam tape to pop up the white panels and more to arrange my critters peeking through.

I also used the coordinating colours to create some sentiment strips, which I then white heat embossed the 'just wanted to say' sentiment from the Peek-A-Boo Pals set. I added three white dots with my gel pen so the greeting could continue on inside. I also mounted this on some foam tape and positioned it to the left of the critters.


You could add some sequins (I only added a couple of stars I coloured in from the set) but I think these are beautifully clean and simple as they are. I'm sharing three colour combinations today - blue, purple and pink - though any colour would help highlight these cute little pals!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team