Wednesday 22 August 2018

Fly Away With Me

Hello, Tallie here and happy Wednesday!

I've been doing some more colouring, this time with the Mama Elephant Fly With Me set. It took a little bit of time upfront to create this scene with some masking, but I think it was worth it in the end!


I started out with an A6 panel of blending cardstock. I wanted to make sure that the sentiment was the main focus of the card so I stamped the 'happy birthday to you' from the Mama Elephant Scripty Bday set in the top right corner in some MFT Extreme Black Hybrid Ink. Next, I stamped out the four elephants in the set, spacing them around so the sentiment was framed. I created some masks out of some Post-It Notes so that I could stamp the clouds from the set behind the elephants. This way it looks as though the sky is full of elephants!


I then took out my alcohol markers, using some light blue markers to colour in the sky background and concentrating the colour around the elements. I used similarly light blue-green markers for the clouds, warm greys for the elephants (with some light reds for the ears) and some deep, contrasting reds for the balloons.


I adhered the panel to a top-folding card base and added some Glossy Accents to make the balloons nice and shiny.

You couldn't help but feel uplifted if you received this card on your birthday!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie

  



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team