Thursday 2 August 2018

Textured Botanicals

You've got to put up with me again today as Taheerah isn't quite ready to make a return so I have a last minute make to share with the new 3D texture folders from Tim Holtz and Sizzix.  This is the Botanical one, we have just two at the minute but more to follow...


It is REALLY IMPORTANT to follow the sandwich instructions.  These folders are MUCH THICKER than a standard embossing folder and if you don't adjust the sandwich you WILL break your machine (I know cos I nearly did!)  For the big shot you place the folder directly on Tab 1 without a cutting plate underneath and just one cutting plate on top.........

You can see the texture is really crisp and there are 3 layers to it so more fine details within each leaf and flower than a normal folder.


I simply ran the folder through with some kraft sandwiched in between and then added colour using distress crayons as the layers of texture the folder provides make adding colour this way super easy.

I used the green from set 2 for the leaves, red, orange and yellow (also set 2) for the flowers and then highlighted the tips with white from set 3.



To turn the panel into a card I cut it and separated it and used the same red orange and yellow crayons on the base card to blend an ombre background.   The Sentiment (MFT Essentials) was stamped in black onto a kraft strip that I blended with the green crayon before stamping.   Quick, tonal but looks like you spent ages!

That's all from me, until tomorrow when you get me again!

Tara




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team