Friday 24 August 2018

City Welcome

We've got friends staying this weekend and I wanted to give the spare bedroom a B&B feel so have made a little welcome card which can hide wifi passwords and instructions on how to work the not-so-obvious shower...   I've done that by creating a little tri-fold card using the gorgeous City Stacks Stamps and co-ordinating Dies from Concord and 9th.



As I wanted a taller card than my die cutting machine would allow if I made the card as a whole piece, I made it in 3 sections.  I stamped the house and tree lines from the stamp set onto white leaving a 2 cm overhang on the left of the houses and the right of the trees.  I ran them through my die cut machine and then scored down the 2cm line to give me a folded edge.   I cut two panels of moonstone card stock to be the same width as my stamped panels and as tall as I need it so it could be seen above the tree line.

I coloured the houses and trees with pencils and then for speed colour blended the "grass" with ink blending.  Now its just a case of sticking it all together.   Put glue on the folded 2cm edges and adhere them behind a blue panel.  Then use the second blue panel to adhere to the back to hide the white folded edges.


To finish I used the scraps of blue I had left over to die cut the welcome word 3 times and stacked them up for some dimension.   All ready to welcome our friends and give them the information they need for a comfy weekend.


Catch you on Sunday!

Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team