Thursday 30 August 2018

It's Summer! Seashells Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

Summer seems to be on its way out unfortunately. We've had some amazingly hot days in the UK over the past few months - just the way that Summer should be! But the one thing I didn't get a chance to do to enjoy our warmer climes was to hit the beach.

I'm totally spoiled when it comes to beaches. With my parents coming from Mauritius, my childhood holidays were filled with trips to visit my grandparents and enjoy the amazing beaches at the same time. Some of my fondest memories include collecting hundreds upon hundreds of shells from various visits and building up my own collection. Memories!

I definitely had those memories in mind when I pulled out the Newton's Nook Seashells stencil and the Newton's Nook Newton's Summer Treats stamp set - time for me to hit the beach!


I can almost hear the waves gently lapping on the shore, can't you?!


I started by dry embossing the stencil by running it through my die cutting machine with some impression mats. I then watercoloured over the scene and sprinkled on some salt to lift the colour - so fun!


I then placed the stencil back on the card when my watercolouring was dry then dabbed some white acrylic paint through to bring out the design. Some splatters of Glimmer Mist really added a sunkissed touch!


I wanted to add a more nautical touch to the card, so I roughly knotted some twine and stapled it to my card front. I love the rustic touch it adds!


The sentiment from Newton's Summer Treats was the perfect finishing touch for this card. I stamped it onto some white cardstock and adhered it with dimensional glue gel to complete my card!

I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team