Friday 17 August 2018

Fabulous Florals

I've been playing with pretty florals for today's card using the brand new Build-A-Flower set from AlteNew.  If you are unfamiliar with these sets (you've been on mars for a year right???) then they are a layering stamp and die combo featuring a flower and AlteNew release a new one every month.  This month's is a South American orchid called a Cattleya and it's just stunning so it's very easy to make a statement card with it and very little else.


I stamped the outline in Evergreen from the Green Fields range and filled in the stems and green buds with Forest Glades from the same set.  I switched to MFT inks for my favourite peach combo for stamping the 3 layers on the flowers Peach Belini for Layer 1, Coral Crush for Layer 2 and Persimmon for Layer 3.

I stamped the whole thing 3 times but only used one full "branch" - the rest I trimmed off in different places and tucked buds in extra to make it look as though you have more flowers than the one you get.

To create the card I wanted a soft water coloured background but as the AlteNew paints sold out in 45 minutes I didn't have those so went with a green and a peach from my Windsor and Newton collection.  I just applied them very randomly to wet watercolour paper and let the colours flow together - using the same colours as the stamping allows the eye to fill in the background and assume a fuller bunch of flowers.  You could add more outline flowers in second generation stamping to emphasise this further but I opted to add some subtle dots using the new Halftone Square stamps and Frayed Leaf ink for a little texture over the corners.


The sentiment is included in the Build-A-Flower Cattleya stamp and die set.

Catch you on Sunday

Tara








1 comment:

  1. That's a lovely card, Tara, I really like the effect the halftone stamps give!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team