Tuesday 21 August 2018

Sending a Smile Your Way

Today I have an acetate window card to share, which was inspired by a YouTube video from MFT design team member Stephanie. I love the look of the acetate window cards she created with the MFT Sending a Smile stamp set, so I thought I’d have a go at making my own version.


I began by die cutting the Blueprints 27 frame and grid from white card stock. I also die cut the grid from the front of a card base. I added a blend of distress oxide ink to the card base front, using mowed lawn and twisted citron. I adhered a piece of acetate behind the die cut white frame, then stuck this down onto the card base to cover the window. On top of the acetate, I adhered the two die cut grid pieces.


For the inside of the card, I die cut a rectangle and added some clouds with the MFT Mini Cloud Edges stencil and tumbled glass distress oxide ink. I adhered this on the inside of the card, so it could be seen from the front.

I die cut one of the long rectangles, die cut from the grid, with a grassy edge border die, then blended on the same distress oxide blend of greens. I adhered this in the grid on the front of the card. I also added this colour blend to one of the squares, and used tumbled glass to add colour to the other two. I adhered all three into the grid on the front.


I stamped, coloured and die cut images from the MFT Sending a Smile stamp set, and adhered them to the front of the card. I also added a sentiment strip with a greeting from the same stamp set.

The acetate window gives a fun twist to the card, and by adding the panels in the front, there is still room to write a message inside without it being seen from the front.


Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma


MFT Sending a Smile
MFT Mini Cloud Edges stencil



MFT Blueprints 27


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team