Saturday 17 August 2019

Altenew Happy Bloom and watercolouring

Hello there, It's Anna here. 
 I'm covering for Anika today, and she is going to take over for me next Thursday. After that, we are sure to be posting on our regular days.
Today's card is full of florals from Altenew Happy Bloom stamp set, accompanied by Hello Friend script creative cuts from Mama Elephant.

 My first step was to stamp this huge floral arrangement twice on to watercolour paper and colour it with Zig markers. 
 I chose bright colours and scribbled with my marker where I wanted the shadows to appear the darkest. Then pulled it out with the water brush. ( You can also use a paintbrush ).


I decided to add a border around the edges. For this, I simply masked off the small area, using masking tape and coloured it with a dark marker. You can see the uneven edge here and there, but I like that it is imperfect. ( You can also use dark cardstock if you prefer more graphic look )

My next step was to die cut the Hello Friend sentiment die from Mama Elephant. I cut it three times from Lawn Fawn Kraft Cardstock and stacked together, using liquid glue for a dimensional look.
I also added a strip of vellum from Lawn Fawn to drawn attention to the greeting.
To finish off this card, I chose sequins and glossy accents over the die-cut.

That's all! This card was super fun to make.
Thank you for stopping by. 







I will be back soon with another card. 
 Anna 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team