Sunday 25 August 2019

Too much to choose from

It's always hard at this time of year to work out what to play with - there is sooooo much new stock arriving and I have a HUGE pile of yet to be inked stash on my desk already, but I am guilty of going new first every time!    So today I have a couple of cards using the new card kit stamps and dies from MFT and the new tiny box peacock/turkey dies from Lawn Fawn as I couldn't decide what I wanted to play with first!


The new card kit stamps, starburst die, banner dies and stencil from MFT are so perfect to play together so here I used everything to make a bright and happy celebration card.   I used the stencil first and blended a circle with a darker yellow centre to match the banner I die cut and stamped with the sentiment from the stamp set.   I used the die over the circle and then using the same darker yellow ink I inked up HALF of the circle burst patter and stamped it twice - either side of the die cut lines and then flipped it 180 and did the same on the bottom of the burst so I filled the patter with more rays.   I then used some dots of Lawn Fawns new liquid stardust - the idea of this product is to mix it with paint to make it sparkly, but you can use it like glitter glue (although it does take over 24 hours to fully dry if used neat)

For my second card I just couldn't wait to make a peacock - not surprising that something in green and teal would be my first choice right!   Although this die set is an add-one to the tiny box die so has been designed to make little peacock or turkey gift boxes, you can use them for cards too and they come out super cute!



I die cut him from 3 shades of hero arts card stock - pesto for the base of his feathers, Adriatic for his body and wings, and mustard for the rings around the eyes in his feathers - the eyes themselves and the feathers on his head I cut from glitter card from the Concord and 9th Summer Glitter pack.   The sentiment comes from the Lawn Fawn Peacock Before 'n After stamp.  I framed it all with the A2 Frame dies from MFT.   He'd be super cute on a wobbler so he actually shook his tail feathers (why do we always have a great after thought once we glue sometime down lol!)





NEWS FROM THE STORE

We will be closed tomorrow for the bank holiday in the UK - the store is open for ordering, but nothing will be processed until Tuesday.

We will add the Hero Arts Winter catalogue this week as well as some papers, and co-ordinating folders, stencils, washi tapes from Echo Park/Carta Bella.   Otherwise it will be a quieter week for new stock and will allow us to work on some restock orders.

Catch you later

Tara






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team