Wednesday 14 August 2019

Happy Forevering

Hello crafters! Tallie here and I'm back today with a wedding card featuring the Colorado Craft Company Lovely Legs Happy Forevering stamp set. I haven't used my coloured pencils for a while so this card was a perfect time to bring them out! These stamps have a lot of detail in terms of shading so are perfect to practice your light forms and shading.


I stamped out the married couple scene onto some white cardstock with some MFT Extreme Black ink. I used my Prismacolor coloured pencils to colour in the scene. I personalised the colours based on the couple I was sending the card onto. The trick with these wax-based pencils is to use lots of light layers, finishing with a heavier layer to make sure the the tooth of the cardstock is evenly covered. When finished, I cut this out with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die.


Using another slightly larger Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle, I die cut two more rectangles, one from Blue Jay cardstock and the other from vellum.



For the card base, I stamped the MFT All Lined Up background stamp in some Versamark ink onto some kraft cardstock. I then layered the stitched rectangles onto the card base and white heat embossed the 'CONGRATULATIONS!' sentiment from the MFT Essential Sentiments set.

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team