Thursday 22 August 2019

Summer Goodie Bags

Hey stampers, Anni here!


You may have already noticed that Anna and I swapped post days. She covered last Saturday for me. But after today we will be back to our regular schedule.

From time to time I meet with some crafty friends and often we exchange little gifts. Of course (as crafters) the gift box is usually more intresting than the gift itself (most of the time some sweets or chocolate).

For our last get together I made these boxes using Lawn Fawn's Goodie Bag die.



I die cut all the pieces I needed for four goodie bags at once from white cardstock. As I wanted to create a beach scene I added some ink blending in turquoise for the sky and some beige for the beach. I added a lot of splatters of water and white and dark brown ink.


To decorate the gift boxes I stamped a lot of Mama Elephant's Beach Chickies in a very light ink. I coloured the chicks with coloured pencils in the no line technique. There are coordinating dies available.


When I put the images on the goodie bags the background was way to dominant. To tone it down I wanted to add a circle of vellum. My Favorite Things' Jumbo Peek-a-Boo Circle Window had just the rightsize.

And finally for the sentiment I went with one of my go to sentiment sets: Mama Elephant's Mini Messages.

         

2 comments:

  1. What a treat! This box could be empty, I would still be thankful receiving it :) And your colouring is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words, Felix!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team