Saturday 10 August 2019

Birthday Hugs and Kisses

Hey stampers, Anni here!

I am back with a card featuring Mama Elephant's super cute Hogs and Kisses set. These pigs are just so darn cute and it might sound strange but I like to colour pigs.
There are critters I like to colour more than other. I prefer grey animals over brown and I find it difficult to colour foxes (also I love them so much). I never seem to find the right combination of shads of orange. But pigs are easy to colour in my opinion: This brownish pink goes well with a lot of colours and you can easily shade with brown (or violett) to get darker areas.


When I finished the colouring I cut out the images. There are coordinating dies available.
For the background I used the same colours as for the pig and the balloons and created a watercolour background. I die cut it using Lil'Inker Designs' Stitched Mats: Rounded Rectangles.



For the sentiment I chose one of Mama Elephant's Birthday Messages - love that set! So many great birthday sentiments in a really cute font. I stamped the sentiment on a narrow stripe of black cardstock with Versamark and heat embossed it in white.

Do you like to colour some creatures more than others? I'm curious, let me know!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Anni


      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team