Saturday 31 August 2019

Persian Happy Birthday

Hey stampers, Anni here!

I tend to use the same colour scheme on every card! I have my go to colours that I feel comfortable with and that I reach to often. But from time to time I want to try something new and then Pinterest is my friend. I search fro colour combos and for this card actually flower colour combos and you get thousands and thousands of beautiful results. That is how I came up with this colour scheme: a dark red, an orangy red and a pink, combined with grey leafes.



I started my card by stamping Altenew's Persian Motifs - the very first Altenew set that I bought! And I still love it. Again I wanted to do some no line colouring. So I stamped with a pale ink. Then I coloured the flowers using watercolours.


For the sentiment I used Concord and 9th's Birthday Die. The birthday part I die cut several times from grey cardstock and stacked the letters up to achieve some dimension. For the word happy I chose some dark red cardstock matching the flowers. I love the combination of printed letters and script in this die set.
I added a layer of vellum under the die cuts to make it stand out more.


All there was left to do was to glue down the panel to the cardbase.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend!
Anni


   

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team