Monday 5 August 2019

Swinging By....

Yes, these two little characters are greeting you this morning and swinging by
to wish someone a Happy Birthday on this card...


I couldn't resist this stamp set from Hero Arts... I love how the monkeys can interlock 
with each other because of the different poses they're in. Coordinating dies are available 
but I have cut mine out with scissors so I could position them this way.

The vine stamp in the set is quite curved but with some minor snipping at three
 points between the leaves means you can alter the shape of the 
stamp on the block... even make it straight!!


This of course means cutting by hand as you've altered the shape but if you 
don't mind that, it does make the set more versatile.


I inked the background in a few shades of green ink and then 
assembled my vines and monkeys. The sentiment from the set is stamped onto card and 
I used Copic markers to do a very loose style woodgrain pattern and cut it out 
by hand with a few nothches in the ends to look like a wood plank.


Cheeky little Monkeys!! I wonder where they pinched that sign from?? ๐Ÿ˜„


Thanks for swinging by!! ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฃ

Jenny x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team