Sunday 18 August 2019

Sea Views

I've got a couple of cards to share today using one of the new larger sized Lovely Legs sets from Colorado Craft Company - the new 6x8 sets mean you either get one larger focal image (like the tree on the reflections set) as well as the fab sentiments or two images as here on the Man's Best Friend set.

I am really enjoying colouring these images at the moment so keep finding myself turning to their new releases every month.  My favourite colouring medium at the moment is pencils and they work really well on these detailed image.  My added trick with these ones is I have sealed them with Distress Glaze which stops the pencil coming off on your hands when you've finished.  I used both images in the set and did two different cards with them.


For this one, I had the pets looking out over a sunset so added some yellows, pinks and purples to the sky and a little bit reflected into the sea.  After die cutting with a circle die, I extended the lines on the pier to fill the bottom of the circle (just a few squiggles so not really drawing) and extended the sky at the top to give enough space for the sentiment from the same set.  Then to create an interesting frame for the finished card I used the same die set going up one die size at a time and cut 3 layers of card using colours from the sunset to draw the eye to it.


For this second card I used the image with the people in and made an anniversary card (sentiment is finished inside - it says ....each other.  Happy Anniversary!)   I went with a day-time view this time so stuck to blues in the sky and again I did a little extending of the image this time to the sides so the horizon and clouds were as wide as the pier.  I also added a scribble of hair to the lady so I could crop the image straight across the gentleman's shoulders and it didn't look like part was missing.   Sentiment was stamped with my favourite detail inks - Versafine Clair.



NEWS FROM THE STORE

It's going to be a BIG week in the store this week, as the much anticipated Christmas releases from two of are largest brands are both going to be live in store on Thursday!   Lawn Fawn and Avery Elle will be in store that morning so stand by your beds! 

Release day for those brands is always mega busy, so whilst we do try and combine your orders normally when you place them on the same day and we spot them, please note we CANNOT do that on busy releases as we just don't have the manpower, so PLEASE take your time, and ensure you have EVERYTHING you want in your basket before you checkout, or be prepared to pay postage on every order.

We will also have The Stamping Village Holiday Seals set live that day for those that have been asking about it.

We will also have the latest release from Newton's Nook later this week.

That's all this week - also we are expecting the new Hero Arts release at some point before the end of August the dates are yet to be confirmed as we have to wait for the UK distributor to get it and send ours out.

That's all for this week

Thanks

Tara






1 comment:

  1. wow so lovely - not sure my skills are up to this xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team