Thursday 8 August 2019

Dimensional heat embossing over die-cuts.


Hello everyone.
 I'm back with a very fun technique today - dimensional stamping. 
I used Christmas Rose Bouquet and No One Else stamp sets from Wplus9, along with Hero Arts Pebble cardstock. 



My first step was to stamp and colour the main image from the Christmas Rose Bouquet set with alcohol markers. After that, I fussy cut it out using scissors.
I chose to use Hero Arts Hero Hues cardstock in Pebble as my card panel.


After deciding where to position my florals, I used repositionable adhesive to temporarily adhere them in place. It is a very important step, as you got to be able to peel it off later.
 As you can see the sentiment is overlapping with the adhered image and still lines up. To achieve that look, I did make sure that my stamping on the card panel ( grey ) was lining up with stamping on my florals.  I used clear embossing ink to stamp it. I then removed die-cut and restamped it in the same position on the cardstock with the same ink.  I heat embossed it with white embossing powder. 

My next step was to adhere the bouquet to the base. I decided to use liquid glue instead of foam tape because I wanted the focus to be on the overlapping sentiment, but you can definitely use dimensional adhesive here.


 I chose to add a few sequins and sparkle to the florals with a shimmer pen.
My last step was to glue the whole card panel to the slightly larger, white card base with foam tape.
This card is all done! 
 





Thank you for stopping by today! See you soon. Anna 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team