Friday 23 August 2019

Grungy Classic Vinyl Record Wall Art

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Friday!

As you'll probably remember, I love the vinyl record trend and already had a stab at a masculine card with the Avery Elle For The Record stamp set (if you want to check out that post it's here). Today though I finally got a chance to break out the SugarPea Designs Greatest Hits stamp set as it is back in stock at long last!

I decided to go all-out and use a few different stamping techniques and ended up with something more like a roughly 8"x6" piece of art that I could hang on the wall:


Awesome, right?!


I stamped the record image over and over again using a variety of colours. But, look closer! You'll see that each of the records has a grungy/rustic/distressed look that I created with the help of a few household objects!


I used a face cloth, scrunched up wrapping paper, scrunched up tissue paper, a balled up piece of kitchen towel and various inks to create each record!


I used the items to dab colour away and/or to sponge additional colours on. No two look the same and the end result is awesome!


I stamped the labels with contrasting colours for each record, stamped the sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black ink (the big one is out of stock but you can still nab the cube!), and then came the fun part - lots and lots of splatter!


I'd love to hear what you think of this. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. OMG! I LOVE this ..... what a fabulous idea. I know just the person that this would be perfect for, and he has a BIG birthday coming up this year. Thank you so much for the inspiration ..... off to shop now!
    Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this! Very cool indeed. I would love this on my wall! I have this stamp and die set and will be making my husband's 50th birthday card with them next year. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team