Wednesday 28 August 2019

Out of this World Spaceship Scene

Hello all, Tallie here. For today's card I needed something more masculine, spaced themed with a birthday greeting. I've never done a galaxy background with my alcohol markers before so I thought it was time to give it a try!

I started out by stamping the spaceman and a bunch of the planets from the Lawn Fawn Out of this World set in some alcohol marker friendly MFT Extreme Black Ink onto some blending cardstock. I coloured these in with my alcohol markers and cut them out with the coordinating dies.


The foreground spaceship wall scene was easy - just scribble some cool grey markers over and over until a smooth blend is achieved. The galaxy background was a little more work - starting with some deep, dark blues and violets, followed by a light pink and blue-green. A little white, gold and silver gel pen finished off that starry look.


I cut the silver panel with an MFT Inside & Out Stitched Circle die, using two more of the circle dies to create a frame from some bluejay cardstock. I adhered some acetate to the back of the grey panel and popped it up over the galaxy background with some foam tape to make it seem like a porthole looking out into space.

I stamped the sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Out of this World set onto some cream cardstock and adhered it towards the bottom of the main panel.

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie

 



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team