Monday 5 March 2018

A Simple Safari

Good Morning, Jenny here and I'm hoping my card today radiates some warm sunshine as we are going on a simple safari using a couple of Hero Arts stamp sets. I needed a card for my Brother in law and he's travelled and worked quite a bit in Africa so these sets just had to be used....


I do love Clean and Simple designs for guys cards and that worked perfectly with these solid stamps.
I started by choosing the animals and sentiment I wanted to use and arranging them on my card front to make a random pattern with an equal sized border all around.
I used my stamping tool to mount all the stamps at once and then used a soft grey to stamp them on my card front.... using a stamping tool meant I could do this twice for a really good impression.


I removed all the animals and left the sentiment in place on the stamping tool and then used dark grey ink to re-stamp the sentiment.

On a separate piece of card I stamped the hippo again using the stamping tool. I started with a light pink ink and then added areas of light and dark browns by tapping and rocking the ink pad in certain areas.... using the stamping tool made this technique a lot easier. I added a few extra shadows and details with coloured pencils before using the coordinating die to cut it out and mount him over the solid hippo image on the card base using foam squares.


I'm quite pleased with how the hippo came out, he's small so you don't need to worry about too much detail and let the colours you build up do the work for you :)

    

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team