Saturday 31 March 2018

Happy Birthday to Moo!

Hey stampers, Anni here!

I just recently showed you two cards using Lawn Fawn's Hay There set. I can't stay away from these super cute farmyard critters, I just had to make another two cards with this set.


For today's cards I tried a new to me technique: Colouring with coloured pencils on coloured cardstock. And I have to say I really like it.

I started by die cutting two squares, one with a die from My Favorite Things' Stitched Pinking Edge Square STAX and one from Stitched Mini Scallop Square STAX, also from My Favorite Things. I used grey cardstock for this.


Then I stamped the animals with My Favorite Things' Extreme Black Hybrid Ink - I love it - onto the squares and coloured them. I added some details free hand like grass and clouds.
I love how the colours show up on the cardstock and how bright they appear.


I also stamped sentiments from the Hay there set onto the squares. Then I underlayed the squares with cardstock matching the colour of my sky and added it to a cardbase.

Thanks for stopping by and have a happy Easter weekend.
Anni


      

2 comments:

  1. These are FAB Anni! Love how vibrant the colours look against the grey. What pencils did you use out of interest? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet words!
      I used Polychromos and Prismacolor!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team