Thursday 15 March 2018

Vintage Floral Hello Card

Hi everyone, Taheerah here wishing you a happy Thursday!

I love the timelessness of vintage items. Whether it's a treasured trinket or heirloom jewellery, a retro telephone or iconic typewriter, or classic couture or a faded print... there's just something so magical about holding in your hands an item with history.

It was with all that nostalgia that I decided to make a more vintage style card for today! And in keeping with the vintage theme, I couldn't think of anything better to incorporate than florals. It also gave me a chance to pull out the Altenew Flower Arrangement stamp set and put it through its paces:


Stunning, right?! I couldn't be more thrilled with how this turned out!!


I started by stamping the Reverse Confetti Something Wonderful stamp set onto my card base and heat embossing it with white embossing powder. I blended a couple of Distress Inks over it to bring out the design, then added a few different layer of patterned paper and vellum and some sparkly gold ribbon to build up the look.


Then it came to the time to create my flowers! I pulled out some of the Altenew inks and got to work, combining them with some other inks in my stash! I added thin lines of adhesive to the leaves and added some gold glitter for added glam!


I fussy cut my florals then adhered them in place with dimensional glue gel for lots of custom dimension! The sentiment from the Flower Arrangement set worked perfectly to finish off the design!


Check out all that dimension! Awesome!!

I'd love to hear what you think of this card. Is there someone you know who'd love to receive it? Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment:

  1. Another gorgeous card Taheerah. I have my eye on that lovely Reverse Confetti stamp too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team