Wednesday 14 March 2018

Honesty Seeds

Hello, yes it's Jenny here on a Wednesday and my card today features some beautiful Honesty seed heads which I've created using a Concord & 9th stamp set....


Do you recognise the beautiful papery seed heads?
 Like these...


I've used Concord & 9th's Beautiful Branches stamp set and turned one of the round leaves into a seed head and the berry stamp into the seeds.



Although the leaf is an almost solid image you can use the rock & roll technique on the inkpad to just ink the edges. I have used Pumice Stone Distress ink so I could reactivate the ink with a waterbrush and soften the edges and wash over the seeds to soften the colour. When the image was dry I then went in with ink and water on a brush to add the darker edge and line details.... I stamped out three images to show you the stages..


 I used a sentiment from the set and simply adhered the panel to a dark brown card base, 
I love the monochromatic colour palette :)

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, LOVE it, Jenny! Just received this set and thought of Honesty straight away ... though hadn't figured out how to create it. You, on the other hand, did a stunning job ... there's a delicacy and transparency that captures those gorgeous seed heads beautifully! Thanks for the inspiration ... it's pinned! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team