Wednesday 21 March 2018

Let's Celebrate!

Hello, Tallie here. There's nothing like Lawn Fawn and a few colours in rainbow order to help brighten up your day! Whilst the snow thaws out here I've been working on bringing in the spring with the new Simply Celebrate set from Lawn Fawn and the amazing Really Rainbow paper pack (this is definitely one I will be hoarding!). Using only one stamp set, this card came together quickly.


Starting with an A6 piece of white blending cardstock, I stamped out the line of balloons with some MFT Licorice Black Hybrid Ink. I repeated this three times, changed out the balloons for the 'Let's Celebrate' sentiment from the set, then finished off with one last line of balloons.

Once dry, I coloured the balloons in rainbow order using my alcohol markers. Balloons are a challenge for me - I don't always leave enough light colour to show the highlights. This was partly a practice project for colouring balloons and as such, I used about four markers for each colour.


When finished, I cut down the panel so it was A6 in height and half a centimetre short in width on both sides. I cut down two strips of paper from the Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow paper pad and attached them so they would give an even border on either side. This is a good way to preserve that precious paper by not using a whole sheet unnecessarily!

To finish, I mounted the panel on a white top-folding A6 card base. I used a little clear Wink of Stella and a white gel pen on the balloons before covering in Glossy Accents to make them nice and shiny.


A great card for any celebratory occasion. I hope it brightened up your Wednesday!

Thanks for reading, catch you next week.

Tallie

 

2 comments:

  1. The card is great and so cheerful. I love the stamp & die set and have got to have it.....just need to jiggle the pennies around a bit!!!!!!! 😬 The paper pad is lush too.....oh heck........x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love this set and Lawn Fawn is my downfall! Good luck with the jiggling! :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team