Sunday 11 March 2018

It's all about the Bella

I've got a couple of cards to share today featuring Stamping Bella images.  When I want to do some colouring for therapy then I pretty much always turn to my Bella's as you can make them simple or go to town depending on how you feel and after the last couple of weeks I was in need of some serious colouring this weekend so here's what I made yesterday.


I wanted a fun card for an upcoming girlfriends birthday so I grabbed one of the stamps from the Uptown Girls range - Snapshots Acting Goofy - and coloured it with pencils.  I watched a couple of pencil classes on craftsy free weekender last weekend and one of them was about combining pencils with watercolour so I used that for the background in the photo - soft pencil lines getting darker at the bottom finished with a pale watercolour wash to smooth it out and make it a little brighter.

For the card background I used oxide inks (which will be in store this week along with their reinkers!) through the Neat and Tangled Balloon Duo Stencil and then stamped a row of glasses and a sentiment from Reverse Confetti's Clink stamp.  The little Party Time stamp is from Mama Elephant's Occassional Labels.

For my second card I've used one of the brand new stamps from the utterly fabulous Rosie and Bernie range which was released on Thursday.  We got ours late on Friday and they will be in store to buy tomorrow when I've finished adding them but I couldn't resist inking one up yesterday (I am allowed a bit of time off now and then to play myself!)   I found it really hard to chose one of the stamps - I want them all - but I opted for Rosie Loves Bernie in the end as I was drawn to that rear view of the main and tail and I decided to go rainbow on my unicorn.


Again I coloured the image with pencils, cut it out with the co-ordinating die, and then paired it on a background made using the Stitched Rays die from Reverse Confetti on a sheet of paper from their beautiful fun times paper pad.   This die cuts perforated lines to create the rays which is a beautiful subtle background but I wanted something more bold so I just used scissors to snip along the lines and removed every other ray to get a different look.  The sentiment is from the same Mama Elephant Occassional Labels stamp I used before.




NEWS FROM THE STORE

  • Tomorrow Lil' Inker Designs have a new release and it will be live in store tomorrow afternoon.
  • We'll also get the Stamping Bella release live tomorrow as quickly as I can get it all added.
This week we also expect to receive:
  • Concord & 9ths new release by the end of the week hopefully
  • Mama Elephant's dragon-tastic new release on the 15th
  • Our new selection of products from Ranger including the latest Oxide Ink colours
  • A very BIG selection of old and new products from Art Impressions including the watercolour range.  This will take a while to load so it may be next week before that's completed as I have to fit in adding product around packing orders, ordering new product and dealing with general correspondence.
  • We are waiting for the latest release from AlteNew to ship and are not quite sure when that will arrive.
That's all from me today - hope all you yummy mummy's out there are having a fabulous Mother's Day and have lots of crafty time today whilst everyone else does the chores!

Tara

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards! Rosie and Bernie are amanezing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards! Love them both! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to trying the new watercolour range from art impressions...... empty bank account again!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team