Monday 26 March 2018

Summer Splash


Hi, Jenny back again with a splash of summer for you today..... we appear to have drone 
footage of a private swimming pool... hehehe ๐Ÿ˜„
Yes the Avery Elle stamp and die set called Splash is quite popular in blogland at the moment and I wanted to to try an idea using the Avery Elle Letter Balloons elle-ments to add some more floatie fun to the pool....


I thought the balloon letters would pass as floaties once the tied knots where chopped off... they are coloured with alcohol markers along with the ring and ladies from the stamp set. The pool is made with distress oxide inks smooshed onto watercolour card... they give such a good water effect. I needed the pool shape to be larger so I die cut the pool edge then chopped it in two places so I could give the illusion of a larger pool which goes off the edge of the card front.


To make the terracotta coloured terrace I clear heat embossed a hexagon background then blended MFT Peach Bellini Ink over the pattern. Unfortunately this background has been discontinued but a similar effect could be gained with the Moroccan Lattice background from MFT  or this Scales stencil, which looks like paving to me.


This lady is relaxing by the pool on a lounger I made using the diving board and ladder die. I just cut the board in patterned paper and card and the ladder in black card, I then trimmed the ladder to make  legs protrude from under the sun lounger.
I felt the pool side needed some homemade greenery so I made a couple of green leafy plants with free hand snips and placed them into white square planters... sometimes you have to improvise ๐Ÿ˜‰ I think all that's missing now is a glass of something sparkly in their hands to complete the picture!!

       

Thanks for stopping by ๐Ÿ˜Š
Jenny x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team