Wednesday 7 March 2018

Nutty Hugs and Kisses

Happy Wednesday! We've had too much cold and snow recently so today's card featuring Neat & Tangled's My Favorite Nut sends a brightly coloured hug to all those wishing for spring!



Starting with an A6 card, I blended on some Picked Raspberry Distress Ink, focusing on building the colour up in the centre of the card. I intensified the colour with a little Abandoned Coral, adding some ink splatters and setting aside to dry.


I stamped out the cute little squirrels and a letter onto some watercolour cardstock with some Versafine Black Onyx ink. Using my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers, I coloured them in with some browns and greys, sticking mostly to earthy tones. Once dry, I cut these out with the coordinating dies.


I needed something to ground my squirrels so I blended some more Distress Ink in Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron onto a strip of white cardstock. I then white heat embossed the sentiment from the MFT Essential Sentiments set. I adhered this directly to the background, popping the squirrels and letter up with some foam tape. A few clear sequins finishes this off nicely!

 


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team