Tuesday 6 March 2018

A Wave or Two


The Avery Elle Waves Elle-ments die is the star of the show on my post this week. I've created two very different cards to show how versatile cover dies can be.

For the first card, I blended on blue ink to create an ombré effect, I added stick it to the back of the card before running it through my die machine with the waves cover die. I really recommend stick it adhesive sheets for intricate dies like this.


I added the die cut frame to a grey A2 notecard, then added some of the wave pieces back in to the die cut. 

I die cut a vellum tag, heat embossed a greeting onto it from the Avery Elle Sentimental Too stamp set, then added a glitter die cut from the Sentimental Too die set. Some enamel dots finish this card.


It seemed a shame to waste the other blue wave pieces I didn't use on that card, so I used them to create another waves card with a very different look to the first.

I die cut the waves cover die again, this time from white card. I popped out all the pieces and added just the frame to a white notecard. I then added the blue wave pieces into the gaps they fit.


I added Images from Lawn Fawn Mermaid For You and Duh Nuh to create an underwater scene. I finished the card with a tag sentiment.


Two very different looks from the same cover die. I love both these cards - do you have a favourite?

Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma

Avery Elle Waves
Avery Elle Sentimental Too Dies
Avery Elle Sentimental Too Stamps
Lawn Fawn Duh Nuh

Stick It Adhesive
Lawn Fawn Mermaid For You












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team