Tuesday 27 March 2018

Alien Birthday Shadow Box Card


Today I’m sharing a shadow box card featuring the cute aliens from Lawn Fawn Beam Me Up.
 

I usually create a galaxy background when I make space related cards, but I thought it would be fun to use some bright colours this time, to create an alien landscape. 

I chose some patterned paper from my stash and cut two pieces for the box. I die cut a window in one side, then joined the two box pieces together with double side adhesive to get one long piece.

I measured the width of the panel at the back of the box, and cut some clouds to go directly on this panel (The cloud dies I used are out of stock, but I’ve linked to a great alternative below). I added a little pale blue ink to the tops of the clouds, before adhering them directly on the inside of the box. 


Next, I cut two hills from purple patterned paper, using the tab dies that come with the shadow box. I adhered them into the box (just on one side for now). I love the purple alien landscape against the orange sky.

I then coloured lots of images from the Beam Me Up stamp set, adding them to the tabs in the box. I also adhered some images on the inside back and side panels. The planets are from the Lawn Fawn Out of this World stamp set.


Once all the images are in the box, I finished putting the box together. I find it easier to do this part at the end.

For the sentiment, I chose some from the Beam Me Up stamp set, and heat embossed them in white on black card. I then die cut them with some banner dies and adhered them to the box. I’ll add a panel at the back to write a message to the recipient.


The shadow box die is one of my favourite interactive dies. The box is simple to put together, looks great, and fits in a standard size envelope for posting.

Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team