Thursday 18 August 2016

Adding Detail To Solid Stamps With Doodling



Hi there everyone and happy Thursday!

Lydia here with you and I wanted to share with you a card with a bit of a doodle-y technique.



I have used one of the images from Altenew 'Floral Shadow' stamp set and selectively inked the flower, buds and leaves. I used Evening Grey Crisp Ink for the leaves and Peach Perfect Crisp Ink for the flowers and leaves- I used the smaller ink cubes for this selective stamping as I found them to be easier than the larger pads for this.


Once I was happy with all of the stamping I then took a fine-liner pen and 'doodled' some flower and leaf images- I used the solid stamped images as a guideline and just had fun. For a more detailed look on how I did this please check out the video on my blog HERE.

To finish I heat embossed a sentiment from the same stamp set onto some light grey card using white embossing powder. I added some white thread behind it for some texture and some clear sequins for some sparkle.


Thank you so much for stopping by and I do hope I've inspired you today!

Have a great day and I'll see you again soon.

Hugs, Lydia x

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lydia
    I did comment on your blog, but feel the need to add, the colours and the technique you used are ones I will copy! lol
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team