Tuesday 23 August 2016

So long,friends


Hi! How are you all?
I thought I'd take advantage of one of the newest Mama Elephant releases and pair it with one of the slightly older ones. 
Here's my rationale behind the card; you've all got those friends- the ones who are deliciously different and are completely unique? Well, this card is celebrating that. The new 'Words Defined' set
is brilliant and you don't need to use the whole stamp. Cut (yes, I do do that!) or mask the definitions to get even more versatility from your sets. The definition made me think of that unique friend and so I coloured her pink and left all the other friends 'gray' in comparison. It makes for a fun colour scheme too.
For the dogs, I've used Playful Pups

I've trimmed into the legs so that they could hang off the sentiment area and stand on each other. It's a really useful trick that avoids more complex masking.
For the pink background I blended a little Bubblegum ink from MFT
It's a easy and clean design and just a lot of fun, which is what I've had a tonne of too whilst at Seven Hills Crafts. 

I've been on the Design Team for quite some time now and I'm really sad to be saying 'so long' friends to you lovely blog readers and customers. I am having to change how I spend my free time (whatever that is!) so have reluctantly stepped down from the team. Tara has agreed to let me back onto the blog onto the blog occasionally (so you haven't got rid of me that easily) but can I take this opportunity to say a big Thank-you for supporting this blog, business and me too. You have no idea how much the Design Team value all of your comments, and it really does make it all worthwhile.
Tara will pick someone splendid to replace me, so please consider trying out for the team. It might seem a little daunting, but you'll never get picked if you don't actually apply!

I've loved being a part of this wonderful community and business, and know that you'll continue to be inspired by the other fantastic Design Team members.

Hugs, and much love!

Keren xx


24 comments:

  1. What a glorious card...love the colours, the pups and your clever lay out. Sorry to see you go and you'll be missed x Thank you for all your fabulous inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mac, have appreciated all your lovely comments since I've been here x

      Delete
  2. Fab card, thanks for all the inspiration and see you here guesting every now and again! Best of luck with your new ventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mirella, I appreciate that lots! Glad you enjoy visiting the blog! x

      Delete
  3. I have enjoyed your work. Good luck with your new endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Karen, I appreciate your comment a lot! x

      Delete
  4. I have always been in awe of your work Keren, and it has been an honour to work alongside someone as talented as yourself on the DT. What a miss you will be. Much love & good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww- thankyou hon, what a lovely thing to say. I've loved seeing your awesomeness too! Glad I'll still see you around x

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous, sweet card Keren! Sorry to see you leave the DT but thanks so much for your awesome inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I really appreciate you commenting. Must try and catch up on visiting your blog too xx

      Delete
  6. This is a great card with so many ideas to try! Thanks for all your inspiration and all the best in your future endeavours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou amnse, it's kind of you to comment. Hope you continue to get inspired by this wonderful blog! x

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thankyou Crafty Little Mouse, it's really kind of you to comment! x

      Delete
  8. What a great card and idea behind it! Love the dog holding onto the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're not going and won't be coming back every now and again. I shall miss your creativity and unique cards. This cards shows why you've been so successful on the team - making stand out cards! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks hon! Glad I'm not going completely too! Looking forward to meeting you in Oct! x

      Delete
  10. Beautiful card. Thank you for all your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jenny! Really kind of you to comment! x

      Delete
  11. Love this card Keren, pleased to know you will be popping up now and then and not completely disappearing! Thanks for sharing such great creative projects, cards etc. Wishing you all the best and hopefully we will still see you and your wonderful cards ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy, that's a lovely comment coming from you! You'll still see me around- I'm not giving up crafting! xx

      Delete
  12. Sorry to see you go Keren as I love your style of cards and you are so inspiring. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou Wendy! I'll still be around on my blog and Instagram! xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team