Thursday 4 August 2016

What's Kraken?



Hi there and happy Thursday ! Lydia here with you today.

Today I thought I would share a fun and punny card with you.

I grabbed my Lawn Fawn 'Lovable Legends' (which is on special pricing at the moment so check it out!) , and stamped the cute kracken onto some card using light ink. I coloured it using Copics and then added pencil shading (Fabre-Castell Polychromos) for added detail and depth. Once coloured I added A Wink Of Stella over it and some glossy accents and left to dry.



The watercolour pieces I have found in my scrap draw and wanted to use them, I found two pieces that matched (sort of)- the darker more purple one I used for the sky and strip down the card and the more blue one I used for the sea.

I cut the 'sky' piece first using the middle die of  Lil Inker 'Circle Mats', I then cut four circles using the same die from the blue-y watercolour piece. I then cut these blue circles using Avery Elle 'Swim Team Dies' and stacked these up on the 'sky' circle.

The punny sentiment is from the same stamp set.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I'll see you again next week.

Hugs, Lydia x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team