Tuesday 9 August 2016

Not Just For Christmas?!

Hey!
Don't worry, you can breathe again. I'm not doing Christmas. Not at all!
Concord & 9th brought out a fun set of dies especially to create a 3D Christmas tree. I made one or two and had plans to create non-Christmas projects, but they've only just come back into the store. If you use them like they're designed, you can create this type of thing

                                     
 But, enough of that (unless you are getting organised already!).
With it being the Olympics in Rio, my mind wandered over to laurel wreaths for the olympian victors. The little 'berries' are part of the die set too!
Granted, its pine not laurel, but I reckon no-one would notice! To make them, you first need the Take A Bough set and simply snip off the middle sections, cutting in a curved direction so they look more natural.



I thought I'd create a more summery wreath, this time, die-cutting from white cardstock and colouring in the centre areas with Zig Clean Color Markers


I stacked them around a circle (to help get an even wreath) and then added some small flowers from the Flourish set

I hope this gives you an idea of the scope of this set of dies. They're a lot of fun to play with.

See you next week!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team