Monday 29 August 2016

Computer says.......?


Hello there :)
I hope you're enjoying the Bank Holiday Weekend?

My card today is an idea I've had in my head for a while... I think I first saw this design, with a different message, printed onto a T-shirt and thought it would make a fun interactive card.


It's a very simple pull tab card which makes the task bar fill with colour....



I used a computer from Blogging Buddies embossed in white on grey card, I cut the screen portion out so I could cut a slit in the card panel below. To cut the slit I used a small die from Blueprints 16 but you can easily use a ruler and knife instead. After making the task bar I masked of the screen area over it and inked through the Concentric Circle stencil to create a colourful background.
I added the images with foam squares and stamped out my message with Bella Letters from Mama Elephant.

This is how I assembled the pull tab on the back of the panel...


I inked a portion of the pull tab and trimmed it to a long 'T' shape.... this prevents the tab from being pulled out completely.


Apologies this picture is a little blurry but you can still see how the foam tape makes a channel for the tab and the end piece of foam stopping the tab from pushing out beyond the panel. I stacked three lengths of card together and adhered them to the back of the tab so it was the same height as the foam tape. Below you can see how the tab sits when pulled fully out :)


and just in case you wondered what the loading message was, here's the inside...


I hope the photos helped... this is the same method I used for the Interactive Smoothie card I made a few months back.... that was a Bank Holiday Monday project too!!! 

      
                                        

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

5 comments:

  1. What a fun idea, and so helpful to see the "back shot". I love that concentric circles die. It sets off the computer perfectly - great colours too! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea for a fun card! I have the Blogging Buddies set so I will file this one away for later use. Thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team