Thursday 25 August 2016

Stretching Your Stamps With Selective Inking


Hi there everyone and a very happy Thursday to you!

I have been feeling a little out of practice with my no-line pencil colouring but when I saw the flowers on the cake of Concord & 9th 'Happy Day' I just knew I had to give it a go again. 


I started by drawing a circle in pencil with a die that I would use to cut parts of it later. I then selectively inked the top flower portion and stamped it in a light grey ink on the top of the guide circle and then selectively inked the bottom flowers in the same light grey ink and stamped this at the bottom of the circle. I then used Polychromos pencils to colour in the image- it did take a little time but I find this very relaxing.


Once the images were coloured I put the die back over into position and did some partial die-cutting on the parts of the circle that had no flowers. Then I cut around the edge of the flowers up to the die-cutting. 


For the sentiment I die cut the 'beautiful' from Concord & 9th 'Beautiful You' die set. I added some to the sentiment using the same stamp set as before.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you again next week!

Hugs, Lydia x



5 comments:

  1. STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful Lydia. I'm in awe of your ninja colouring skills, and how on earth did you get your fussy cutting so neat?! Such a pretty, tranquil card. I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team