Monday 22 August 2016

Cheery Robins

Hello and happy Monday :)

Unusually for me, I have a Christmas card to share with you today.... I'm not one for starting my seasonal cards this early but the sweet little birds in Wplus9's All Year Cheer
made me think of robins because the body can be stamped in two different colours...


I used Hero Arts Cup o' Joe and Pale Tomato inks to stamp both birdies out and then cut around them with scissors so they had no white border. I thought they needed a snowy winter sky for a backdrop so after heat embossing the snowflakes from the set, I blended two shades of blue Distress ink over them on the card base.


When the sky was almost dry I used pigment ink to stamp the branch and added a layer of snow with white gel pen. The robins are popped up on foam pads and the sentiment is from a Hero Arts set called Merry Cactus to You. I love these cute little birds and I'm so pleased they turned out great as Christmas robins.... I think they need a stocking each to hang on that branch don't you? 

  

I love this stamp set ... lots of small images for scene building and patterns, it's also great for cards all year round..... just as the name suggests :)

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x


2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team