Thursday 11 August 2016

One Layer Watercolour Wonder


Hi there and a very happy Thursday to you. Lydia here with you today.

I do hope the weather where you are is good, but if it's anything like it is here in Wales you may need a bit of warming up. So I'm sharing a card that my brighten your morning a little.

Today I'm using one of my 'oldie but a goodie' set from Altenew- Watercolor Wonders...


I was inspired by an older card I made, so I used the same floral stamp set and same colours but I mixed up the technique- this time I used Distress Inks as watercolour.

I stamped the first layers of the images in Distress Ink onto some watercolour card- Cracked Pistachio for the leaves, Fossilised Amber for the smaller flowers and Abandoned Coral for the large flower. Once they were stamped I used a wet paint brush to soften the colours and added more colour into places where I felt there would be more shadow. Once this first layer was done I let it dry.


Once dry I then moved on to the second layer, using the same technique of stamping in Distress Ink and moving the ink with a damp paint brush- Peacock Feathers for the leaves, Wild Honey for the smaller flowers and Candied Apple for the large flower. I then left this to dry.

I added a third layer to the large flower using Picked Raspberry using the same technique as with the others. For the flower centres I used Black Soot.


I used a mix of sets for the sentiment the large 'hello' is from Halftone Hello and I stamped this first before stamping the rest of the sentiment that I took from Laced Up.

Thank you so much for stopping by today I really do hope you enjoyed your visit!

Hope you have a beautiful day and I hope to see you again soon!

Hugs Lydia xxx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card as always Lydia , love these watercolour flowers & the distress ink works so well with this technique😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia, this is beautiful! Really love the vibrant colours and I may just be adding that stamp set to my wish list in the store :). Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team