Tuesday 30 August 2016

Fa-la-la-la-la......

I'm back with you filling in whilst we look for someone to fill Keren's rather amazing shoes!   You have just a couple of days left if you want to throw your hat in for the DT call btw.  We've had quite a few already so it is likely that I will take September to read through the blogs and make a decision and we'll have new blood for you in October.

So for today, I thought I'd make a start on Christmas cards with the new Lawn Fawn release and I realised that the dies to match Winter Big Scripty Words can be used solo and have enough impact to be the focal point on a card.  I took the fa-la-la die and cut the la-la 3 more times to complete my phrase!


I used a snowflake embossing folder (from my stash but we have some new Echo Park ones coming this week) on mermaid cardstock and trimmed to fit my card front with a small white border.  I used my favourite Holly die, from Reverse Confetti to just add a little accent - et voila, quick simple Christmas card with lots of impact that is pretty easy to mass produce if you need to make a lot of cards!  If you didn't want to die cut - you could use the matching stamp and selectively ink it to get the same longer message.

See you Sunday!

Tara


2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've seen the correct number of "la"s. It's a great quickie though 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking that too, Wendy! Yes, I may have been singing along in my head :D Super card, Tara. The embossing looks fab, and the holly is a perfect finishing touch. Great 'production line' card idea. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team