Saturday 20 August 2016

Masking Frenzy with Altenew

Don’t let today’s blog post title discourage you: I might have gone into a slight masking frenzy, but everything I’ve done is easy to replicate and all you need are actually just two masks. And the effect you can achieve is so pretty, it’s well worth the effort, I believe. Shall I show you? :)


I created my masks from post-it tape, you could also use regular post it notes as a cheap alternative. Of course, masking paper would be best, but it’s not necessary. So is the MISTI, but I just it for convenience in case my first impression isn’t perfect. Your regular acrylic blocks will do just fine, too. The stamp set I am using today is Altenew’s “Botanical Garden”.


I wanted to create a “border” around my front panel, which is slightly smaller than my card base (accidentally cut a whole bunch of them too small, so now I have to add patterned paper to my card bases to make up for it … happy accident!). For my stamping, I used the My Favorite Things Hybrid ink since it would work well with Copics.


While you could go crazy with colors here, I decided to keep it to purple and orange for a summer card. I could totally see the same card with turquoise and green florals for a spring variation, too! In addition to some Lidquid Pearl accents I also added some sequins for sparkle and shine.

As with most of my cards, there's a video on my blog to show you the entire process. You can find the link to my blog in the sidebar to the right.

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you got inspired!

3 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous - love the colours you're using too. Need to watch the video right now!!! Thanks for the inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card , love the colours . Going to check your video out . Thanks for the inspriation 😍

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team