Thursday 18 May 2017

A Dotty 2 For 1

I wanted to have a play with one of the turnaround stamps this week as I think it's such a fun and clever concept that Concord and 9th came up with and as everyone seems to prefer triangles over dots I thought I'd show that dots can be fun too!

Now, the instructions tell you to draw lines and find you centre point on the stamp to get the turning right, but I figured if you start with a square and keep it in the same place you can skip that step and I was right!  So I just started with a 5½ inch square of card and put it in the corner of my stamping platform and lined my stamp up straight onto it.  I used Altenew Sea Shore Inks starting with the lightest and after each stamping I just rotated my card one turn until I had stamped all 4 colours.  I then allowed it to dry, gave it a dust with an embossing buddy, and set about adding a few copper embossed decorative dots from the same set over the top to add some interest - I do love copper with teal its the natural verdigris look!   This gave me my base for my 2-4-1 cards.


I trimmed one piece down to size to fit and 4 x 6 card base and added a simple frame and hello sentiment in white card over the top for a fun card with a background that makes a big impact.


With the strip I had left I had enough to die cut a cute dotty teapot and cup to make a thank you card.  To keep with the copper theme I die cut a frame using the Peek-a-Boo Wonky window die and aligning the dotted lines up with the edge of my trimmer so I could make a wonky frame to stick on my card base (the die normally cuts you a window from a panel but this way you can stretch your stash and make it do a little more for its money)  To emphasise the wonky angles I drew a teal border around the outside with a gel marker and ruler and then finished with a tea themed sentiment embossed in copper to tie it all together.


Lawn Fawn have now released their new summer products - we have ours but I haven't finished adding it all to store yet.  I am working on it this morning but also have the orders from last night to pack - will get both done as quickly as I can!

See you Sunday with my regular spot.

Tara


2 comments:

  1. The dots look fab, so impactful and fun! Great idea to do copper and blues for a verdigris look, and I love the use of the snippets for that cute tea pot and cup <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Tara! And how funny, I used my wonky frames die set yesterday to make a frame rather than an aperture! I'm gonna look at the Concord and 9th stamps set now - sounds like fun!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team