Tuesday 2 May 2017

Waving Hello

Today I have an under the sea present shaker card to share.


I began by die cutting four squares from a piece of white card. On the reverse side, I added a piece of acetate behind the windows. Then I layered foam tape to create upper and lower shaker sections to the present. 

I put more foam tape all over the back of the card, then added some Neat & Tangled Mermaid Tail sequins in the shaker areas. To seal the shaker, I used a piece of blue watercolour paper.


I added the shaker to a white card base. To create the look of a present, I used some twine between the shaker windows and a twine bow at the top.

Finally, I coloured and cut out some images from the Lawn Fawn Mermaid For You stamp set. I added these to the card, along with a sentiment from the same set.


Thanks for joining me today.
Gemma

N&T Mermaid Tail Sequin Mix

Lawn Fawn Mermaid For You

MFT Watercolour Wash Paper Pack

Lawn Fawn Stitched Squares

Lawn Fawn Blue Jay Twine





5 comments:

  1. What a fun card! Mermaids are right on trend at the moment, which is fine by me as I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant Gemma! As Lynn already said - a fun card.

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Love the concept, design, cute mermaids and fab colouring! Fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Love these mermaids they look so cheeky. Sequin colour mix is fab :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good idea with this window!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team