Wednesday 31 May 2017

Grey, pink and gold geometric card


Hi everyone, it's Esther here with a geometric card that uses really simple masking and ink blending to create a modern look.


I used three strips of Post-It tape to mask off triangles on a card panel, which I inked using three colours from Altenew's Rock Collection mini ink cubes set: Limestone, Silver Stone, and Industrial Diamond. This is temporarily out of stock, so use the Altenew Warm Gray mini ink cubes set instead for a sophisticated taupe colour palette.

The pink splatters were a happy accident - I obviously hadn't cleaned up my craft sheet from a previous card as well as I'd thought, but I loved the effect and decided to keep going.

A sentiment cut from gold card using a Concord and 9th Wonderful Words die, "you are" stamped using part of a sentiment from My Favorite Things Magical Unicorns, and some pale pink sequins from Neat & Tangled Sweetheart Sequin Mix finished the card off.


That's all from me for this week - have a good one!

    

8 comments:

  1. Esther, this card is stunning!I love the geometrical look and this soft grey colours. And accidents bring often the most beautiful results ( I know this ) ;-) The soft pink and gold matches very well. x Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not often I get chance to comment, Esther, but I couldn't leave without telling you how much I LOVE this card! It's cool, stylish, sophisticated ... and depending on the colour combo, the design can be used for practically every occasion! Thank you for the inspiration ... it's so Pinned! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep me three. Love this card. Like Anita said it's suitable for any occasion and for a male or female. Stunning card. Really wish you had a video though. X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Andrea! I haven't ventured into videos yet but might do soon... x

      Delete
  4. Really fabulous design!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team