Thursday 11 May 2017

Hey Gullfriend!

You've got me again today - sorry!

I made a really quick but really fun and cute card with the ADORABLE new seaside gulls from MFT which I just love (not so much the real things when they try to nick your dinner on Scarborough seafront but in stamp form I can appreciate them in safety!)


I wanted to feature the dude proudly posing on his post so went for a simple shaker using the new rectangle shaker pouches framed with their co-ordinating Peek A Boo die.  I added a scrap of pearly blue card behind the window and stuck my fussy cut gull to it with foam tape to get him to stand out inside the shaker.  I used a hand full of ombre sequins from Hero Arts to make my shaker element which represents the sea.  I like these mini shakers as they are much less fussy to make than the ones that require lots of foam tape - with the shaker pouches you just need normal tape and you're good to go!

Right - lots more stock to process and orders to get out of the door so best get back to it - see you Sunday!

Tara


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the seagulls! Fab card, and the ombre sequins are a perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I lived in the city, sea gulls would wake me at 4 in the morning :( I also prefer them in a paper version. Your card is really cute and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice idea with the sequins!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team