Saturday 20 May 2017

Happy Birthday Fox

Hey stampers, Anni here!
Today I have a super cute birthday fox for you! As you may have already noticed I love all shades of turquose, aqua and blue. I think orange is the perfect warm colour to add to the mix. That's (one of the) reason why I love all critters I can colour in orange. So Altenew's Hug Me set had to get into my shopping cart.


I started by creating a background with My Favorite Things' Concentric Circle Grid Stencil and embossing paste. I dyed the embossing paste with ink from my inkpads.
While the background died I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the image (coordinating dies are available, too). To make the balloons look more realitic I left a tiny area without colour to create a highlight.


When I glue down the fox on the background I had the feeling as if he was floating on my card. So I added a small oval cut out with My Favorite Things' Oval Shadows.
For the sentiment I chose a set called Happy Happy Happy by Lawn Fawn. I thought the font would go fine with masculine touch of the card.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!
Anni


   

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Anni! The embossing paste looks great tinted with ink and makes such a fab background for that cute and beautifully coloured fox! Super card <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hs cheerful fox Anni! Gorgeous background, the texture paste loolk great x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team