Thursday 25 May 2017

A Floral Hello

Hi everyone, happy Thursday! I'm Taheerah and those of you who are regulars to the blog might recognise that I'm a new face here! I'm delighted to be joining the Seven Hills Crafts DT as the newest of Tara's awesome team!

So as I'm new, I thought I'd say hello! And what better way for a cardmaker to do that than with a 'Hello' card?


I loved pulling out the Concord & 9th Hello Lovely set for this quick and easy card! That massive floral spray really speaks for itself!


We always seem to want to colour our flowers (who can blame us when nature gives us so much inspiration?!) - but for those who are intimidated by colouring, I wanted to show you how you can create a stunning effect by colouring the background instead! That's precisely what I did, with some watercolouring!


I heat embossed the 'Hello' sentiment with gold embossing powder. A little splattered gold mist to finish things off nicely, don't you think? The end result almost looks like marble!

I hope you have a great day! I would love to get to know you all a bit better - why not say 'hello' back in the comments? :) Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. Hello Taheerah,your elegant Card would bee a nice wedding Card also. I like this marble effect very much. hugs ,Maria, Vienna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello...Your card is so classy and elegant and looks beautiful with just the background subtly coloured. Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Taheerah - lovely to see you here! Your card is subtle and full of class and I love the marble effect background. I think that it would make a great symapthy card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Taheera! Loving this classy card with the gorgeous marbled background and monochrome colour palette - so effective and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Taheerah, I like your idea of not colouring the flowers but the background. It looks very elegant and invites to have a closer look.
    Carmen from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I mean really, WOW! This is so beautiful and elegant.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team