Tuesday 16 May 2017

Square Necessities

A rainbow of colour always makes me smile! My card today features brightly coloured squares and some fun Waffle Flower stamp sets. 

By masking stamped images, you can add bold colour around them and really make them stand out. I just love removing the masks to see the images behind! 


This technique works best with outline images. Offset the stamped images on the squares, rather than in the centre, to add some additional interest.

I used full post it notes to create the masks, stamping then fussy cutting them out. If you have matching dies, you could use these to create a mask, but fussy cutting helps to minimise the white space around the images.


I chose some fun bright inks and blended them onto the squares. I've used distress inks but other inks will work well for this technique. 

I used foam tape behind the squares to add dimension, then added a die cut sentiment on top. I layered a black die cut word over a silver glitter die cut word to help it stand out.



I think this design can work for so many occasions. Change the colours (an ombré would look great), switch the sentiment and stamps used to create a different look.

Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma

Waffle Flower Hibiscus
Waffle Flower Willy

Waffle Flower Yippee

7 comments:

  1. This is fab, really tropical and vibrant in feel! I love the effect of the panels too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this wonderful idea and I will trie it also. But I bought a masking fluid for watercolouring and i will use this and tell you later if this works also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it also works with masking fluid and distress ink ( and watercolour). But if you use ink , you have to clean the fluid first from ink.

      Delete
    2. That's good to know, thanks for the update. I've never tried masking fluid before but it does look great

      Delete
  3. Wow! This is fabulous.
    Love the pops of colour and great design.
    I will definitely be giving this a try.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I love the card you made

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team