Monday 15 May 2017

Real Pretty Wings

Good morning, Jenny here :)

I just had to ink up the Pretty Wings stamp set by Waffleflower as soon as it arrived. It's one of many fantastic sets in the new release and appeals to me because those butterflies and moths can be made to look quite whimsy or a little more life like as I've shown below...


The layers line up perfectly and are quite easy to stamp with or without a stamp platform ;) My top tip is to stamp the veins/patterns of the creatures first as it's much easier to line the solid images up over the top.

I decided to use pigment ink on soft coloured card and then add details and a faux shadow with Polychrome pencil afterwards. I was aiming for them to look like real specimens on display.


There are two very useful sentiments in the stamp set but I needed something larger for this design so this phrase is from a Hero Arts set. I added a couple of strips of brown card to frame the trio and used the MFT Geometric Grid background on the base card in light grey pigment ink


They really are quite pretty specimens which you can make as colourful or muted as you want depending on the style you're going for ... I need to explore this set more :)

                                 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, Jenny - just like vintage illustrations and so pretty! I love the long design too with them lined up down the card which looks really impactful. Fab! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team