Saturday 6 May 2017

Mother's Day Cards

Hey stampers, Anni here.
Overhere in Germany Mother's Day is just a few days away. So I decided to make not only one (for my mother) but two (for the mother of a friend) Mother's Day cards.


Flowers are always a good choice for my mum so I went with the absolutly beautiful set Adore You by Altenew.


I stamped all the flowers and leaves in the set twice with Versamark on watercolour paper and embossed them in white. For the colouring I used my ZIG Clean Color Real Brush pens because I love flowers in watercolours. And the ZIGs are so bright and cheerful.


For one card I chose yellow, orange and red shades and combined them, for the second card I went with pinks and violetts and added a little bit of yellow, too.
What I really like about the ZIGs is how easily you can blend colours  - even if they are not so close. I add a darker colour for example a red) where I want to be my shadows. And then I use a lighter colour (for example a yellow) for the lighter areas and blend both colours with my water brush. The highlights I leave without colour till the blending. It is a really easy and you don't have to be an artist to achieve beautiful results.


After colouring all the flowers and leaves I fussy cut them. I didn't want a white border around my images but if you don't like fussy cutting there are coordinating dies available, too.

I wanted a German sentiment on my card that says For Mother's Day. As I don't have such a sentiment I decided to go with alphabet stamps. Lawn Fawn's Milo's ABC's is very elegant and easy to stamp. I spelled out the sentiment and embossed it in white on brown cardstock for both cards.


Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend.
Anni


        

10 comments:

  1. These are totally stunning, Anni! Wow! The watercolouring is beautiful, and the two flowers with pink and yellow in them took my breath away. So gorgeous! The lucky mothers are going to absolutely love these! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Anni! The close ups of the flowers show how you've got so many different effects with the watercolouring and I love the choice of colours. I'm dying to get my hands on some Zigs but have got to wait for the budget to allow! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning! Just gorgeous, beautifully coloured x

    ReplyDelete
  4. in LOVE with your cards..SUPER Gorgeous!!
    LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really pretty cards and the colours are delightful. Perfect for Mothers Day and Spring x

    ReplyDelete
  6. these cards are BEAUTIFUL :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are amazingly lovely! I wish my colouring was as good as that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Absolutely gorgeous! I'm in awe of your colouring skills and now I've got to order that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cards love them both

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team